View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #113
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper

BST, I know a couple of us have now answered the questions for you, but if I may ask, what are your feelings on the issue?

Concider it me asking you the same questions if you like .
Thanks, Reaper. I'd love to share some thougts about this.

Except for updating the master copy of the Galactica shows on a medium more durable than currently being used, why is it necessary to "update" the originals with new footage?

In response to this first question, I would say that I'm against selectively updating the originals with new footage because I don't like the idea of updating canon. I think that such updates may change the dynamic of the show.

When "updating" the original scene with what you "think it should look like" or "want it to look like", isn't that the same as "re-imagining" that particular scene?

This question was a definite poke at what was done with another show called Galactica, produced by the SciFi channel. The uproar, here and elsewhere in the TOS world, about the re-imagining was my primary motivation in posing this question. Does the wish for these so-called "updates" equate to "re-imagining" and do we now think that it's ok since we're the ones championing the idea? Personally, I think that it does, especially if it involves the use of scenes that can change the tone and dynamic of the show and also if it involves new scenes, dialogue, etc. It's like re-writing history.

We all know how others who "re-imagined" things named Galactica were vilified so, will we be doing that to ourselves as well?

I believe that we would be "birds of a feather" with Ron Moore.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote