View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #41
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewmember
Well, not very much, in terms of the problem as presented. Consider: if the entire surface of the planet, including oceans, were covered with a hundred-foot deep layer of sealed plastic garbage, how much of the atmosphere would be thus tied up? A tiny fraction of one percent.
That's not to say that that much sealed garbage wouldn't present a bit of a problem! Just that loss of atmosphere wouldn't necessarily be the worst facet.
Well, the way I see it, there are a number of factors contributing to our lowering of the oxygen supply. Polution is increasing, the forests are dwindling. There are less plantation to excert new oxygen, and more polution poisoning the present air supply, and so much of what we have being locked away in closed containers. Think of the scene in Spaceballs whene the King of Druidia opened a can of oxygen from his desk drawer and breathed the contents in. Someday we might be scrambling to garbage dumps to rummage through the trash to desperately unscrew as many bottles as we can find, and puncture trash bags, to snort down those precious amounts of stored away oxygen.

And then you have to take into account the outragious number of humans and animals who flatulate so often that there isn't a single second of a day where there isn't somebody farting somewhere. Our air would be so much cleaner if everyone would either stop doing that, or do it more sparingly. Heck, how many peeps broke wind while reading this post alone, I wonder?

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote