View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #19
Captain Chirri
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Original BSG uniforms

Now I'm going to have to watch all of my DVD's just to check and see if he DID!

I personally, while I like having long-ish hair, do NOT like having it that long. Not everyone is meant to have Princess Leia/Rapunzel type locks you know.

Long hair like that is a pain to wash, condition, dry, and style. Not to mention carry off.

You might not think that hair as a rule doesn't weigh a lot, but it does. Really long hair can get quite hefty, especially if it's down to a woman's knees.

My great-grandmother, who came from a time when women didn't cut their hair except for when they were ill or in mourning, cut it ONCE, in her entire life, and that was to pay for her husband's funeral.

After that, it grew back and reached down to the FLOOR!

Get this: she was 4'9" tall, maybe 85 to 90 lbs. soaking wet, was married to a man of 6'4", had six kids, and lived through more crap than anyone does in several lifetimes.

She used to do her hair in braids, pile it on top of her head like a crown, and wear two inch heels to give herself some added height.

She'd give any of those whiney Siresses a run for their money, as well as a slap upside the head if she thought they deserved it.

But, getting back to the costume....
Captain Chirri is offline   Reply With Quote