View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2005, 08:58 PM   #1
nextceo
Bad Email Address

Heart A Thought for TOS Diehards...

Hopefully the way I phrase this will come off the right way, although I'm sure it will be misinterpreted by someone, somehow!

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I would like the TOS diehards, those who are TNS haters to just consider something for a minute. Just remember when you make disparaging criticisms about TNS there is now a loyal fandom that feels a bit of a personal attack. While we shouldn't we still do, as you feel about those who criticize TOS. While I certainly can't compare my feeling for TNS to your feelings for TOS, as many of you have spent 20 plus yahrens working for BSG to be brought back only to find it has been brought back in a way you disapprove of, just remember many of us are beginning to have similar feelings towards TNS that you do towards TOS.

Look I love TOS, I'm an original TOS fan and continuation supporter. Heck I would love to see a continuation movie, I do also love watching TNS. It is my FAVORITE sci-fi show. So when someone talks negatively about it, I get irked. I understand everyone has there opinions, but it still irks me, just as negative things pointed at TOS irk you. Look you are entitled to your opinions, just think about how you would feel if someone said the same thing about TOS as you are about to say about TNS.

There are a lot of new BG fans who are just now beginning to even experience TOS as their first introduction to BSG was via TNS. The way you handle your criticisms of the show they know and love, is the light in which they will view TOS. Maybe you don't care, so be it. I just wanted to share with you how I feel about the situation. Its difficult I know, and I don't pretend to put myself in the shoes of hard core diehards who feel betrayed. I just want you to think about where we are coming from as fans of the new show.

"So say we all...."
"Some say life here, began out there..."
nextceo is offline   Reply With Quote