View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:35 AM   #138
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

When people talk about a petition - look at the current fanbase....how many signatures really can be collected? Even if someone started a letter writing campaign to Universal or Glen Larson, how many letters or cards would it generate? In the end, it might build up a bit of morale thinking that we're doing something to show interest, but when you consider the numbers collectively, it's just not large enough to create the desired effect.

If anyone remembers the past and need to learn from it again, then lt us all say in unison, Screw! any petitions in regards to a revival.

They've only served to show fans (or geeks/nerds to the TPTB) the desperation factor of those who liked/loved an old TV. Pop culture and sociaties reactions to any cult series itself, should be the ultimate measuring stick or what people would want in the long run of things without the inteference or manipulation by others in the in-crowd (hollywood insiders and "snarks" alike) who seek their own interests out of how an old TV property would/can be revived.

Harsh but true, lets get over this how it should've been brought back, as most people outside of "TV-land" already know that answer, and those fond memories and 'sentimentalism' has gone a long way in 30 plus years and we've talked it to death 1'000 times a month 'on-and-off' and thensome. But like monolith says, i feel the respect factor everybody has for the old series, seriously outweights any kind of smart-alec conversation material we all ten to talk about generally, and that the old BSG always did deserve the big screen treatment regardless.

Like many have you have already stated, its the 'how' would it be done and by whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini
When I think of the fact that BSG's 30th anniversary came and went without any major fan produced project of any significance seemed to be a sign that people had given it up and wandered off to pursue other interests.

True, kinda had my vision for something like that 9 and half months regarding the pre-attempted "Fandom Put-Together DVD Documentaries". It was merely postponed due to my PC errors. Regardless of what i'm planning to do this year, i want to resume it (finger crossed), once my phoneline and PC issues are put to bed with and i've organised how i'd go about it with you all.

I'll say nothing more until i'm clear what'll happen for sure.

And while, i kinda disagree with Sandy on the 14th Colony thing, i do agree with the stern but truthful way, he's addressed the entire situation of this topic, and between the two of us, i'd back his make an investment with cash statement, if the fanbase WAS properly organised and could actually put something worthwhile together. We should learn from everthing thats transpired before in the past, thus avoid going over the same damn thing and talking about the same similar discussions without truly learning from certain issues that cropped put but weren't ever dealt with right by us with alot of negative sentiment, always getting in the way. We're all gulity of it but in a good and always positive manner, thus i hink our respect for one another, has always been through the coversations we've had that are like brain candy, and made us think in a multitude of ways (TONS) of how every barrier this fandom's face could be addressed.

And once again i'll say for the record, that outside the internet. Classic BSG has always been alot bigger in its support and popularity than its been online for some bizarre weird reason. So don't lose hope in the face of how there are much less online posters and forum members today.

KJ