View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #15
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

I already knew about Wikipedia for the Greek, Roman and history of Christ information. Could the other faiths be listed there as well? And if not does anyone know of any other sites I might be able to check out?

Also I'm going to jot some notes here from time to time. Ideas that pop into my head that I'll want to explore as the story develops.

Number one:A scene where Commander Seth is trying to comprehend what to do. His world is destroyed and Janus basically tortured him as to why humanity deserved its fate. Essentially Janus would be the voice of the worst of humanity as he tortures Seth. Once freed Seth wonders if he should embrace the dark distorted mirror that Janus presents or does he choose to believe the idealistic, hopeful view of humanity that he was brought up to believe in. And why does he make that choice?

Number two:An incident where a human traitor is begging for mercy. Seth pulls out his gun and makes ready to execute him. The question he asks is does he betray his values and ideals by killing the traitor or does he restrain himself and allow his better angels to take over.

One thing I believe I will be looking to explore in this story is human worth and the value of life. And maybe have this develop out as a morality play.

I want this story to be about people. Not politics.

And any websites on other mythologies that anyone can recommend please let me know.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote