View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #67
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Where Are The Fleets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
All I can add is that I always think of the Fifth Fleet being like what the US Navy would call a CVBG, a carrie battle group. A couple, maybe 3-4 Battlestar's with support ships. Makes sense a little that the Colonial Fleet would not have just battlestar's but other vessels.

Trouble with the whole thing being so sketchy. I've seen a couple of sites where it's contradictory about the fleet's history or types of Battlestar. Like the Pacifica being a Colombia-class but then being a seperate class of Battlestar.

Just some seemingly random cubits on my part.
that works for me ...... that the nature of these sites ,, 10 site 10 different ideas ..

personally I like to wonder about it, but if it was not mentioned on screen by cast or production team .. it stays in the realm of our dreams ,

having said that .. Battlestar are huge so building the could be prohibitive and perhaps the Cylon base stars are the same..

and given that the Cylon Empire is large have to stretch there forces
to contain it..... perhaps in the case of "saga" they took a chance or calculated risk.
brought in a large number of there ships and fighters from other sectors of Cylon space for the main attack.
Baltar was used to insure it "Peace"

and the Galactica and the Rag tag fleet where able to use the stretched out Cylon fleet to escape...

never thought about it like that before ..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote