View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2003, 06:32 AM   #10
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Nice simple menu layouts. I see they didn't go out of there way to create something with more flare but hey i'm just glad were getting the DVD's at all.

Ask and you shall recieve Peter. I played with a few menu ideas a way's back. I didn't use this idea i came up with but here are 3 different variations of the same menu idea. I modeled the Galactica corridor here in lightwave, lit it in lightwave and did the other aspects of it in photoshop just to get an idea on how this would look. My idea was to have the main DVD selection screen open to the corridor. From here you would select chapters and basic functions found on most DVD's today. Once you made your selection the camera would then race down the corridor to the door at the far end. Once there the claxon would sound and the door would open to my bridge. The bridge would be at red alert and the scene playing on the main screen would be the Atlantia blowing up. Then the movie would play. Sounded good anyways. Here's the pictures Peter wanted.

Hope you like.