View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Captain Chirri
Shuttle Pilot

Big Grin Just got back from Dragon Con!

I just got back from Dragon Con and I had a ball!

Getting to the airport was a pain and a half. First, I went to the wrong airport; then I was at the wrong gate! I was supposed to be at gate 28, and I was at gate 10!!! I ran like all hell was behind me, loaded down by my messenger bag, my heart is pounding, and it's at least a twenty minute walk at a normal pace.

I hit the walkways running like a bat out of hell, and made my flight with minutes to spare.

LOL!

I met Dirk Benedict on the Walk of Fame and mentioned that I had gotten and read both of his books, and he was pleasantly surprised. He wrote a real nice message on the photo I purchased, and when I told him my story, he was in shock and admitted that he had had a bad dream that he'd missed HIS flight.

I had my photo op, and THAT is a tale and a half. I'm desperately looking for the Froggy photo site, and I'm in the wrong HOTEL! I get to the right one, but I'm on the wrong level!

Then, it's almost my turn, and I hadn't gotten my receipt from the Froggy people. They couldn't find my paypal info, so they wrote me up a receipt and wouldn't you know it, he was ready to LEAVE!

I'm nearly in tears, ready to kick myself for being so FRACKING STUPID, and one of the staff motioned him over to take the picture. HOT DOG, he recognized me and put his arm around me for the picture.

Richard Hatch was pretty cool, but he spelled my name wrong when he autographed my copy of his book Resurrection! And it was printed clear as a bell on the badge.

He and Dirk had the audience in stitches laughing, they were goofing on each other, and they both had patience of gold when it came to the audience members (who, let's face it, can ask some dopey questions.)

I went to the Colonial Fleets party, but everyone was gathered in their own little cliques, yakking away, and I was the literal wallflower with no one to talk to.

Next time, I am going to search this group out, and hang out with you. I'm also going to be in uniform, even if I have top purchase it one piece at a time!
Captain Chirri is offline   Reply With Quote