View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2004, 01:05 PM   #18
BRG
Warrior

WTF? ***

Back on form! A fine episode, 3 out of 5.

Yes, it was the best Baltar episode, and Colicos delivers another standout performance. In the most cunning of cunning plans, Baltar skillfully brings 3 differant parties together to bust out of prison. Not only does he sucsefully escape, but he also takes the Galactica landing bay, and holds the Council hostage. But for the fact that Wilker had dismantled his Cylon pilots, and some quick thinking by Apollo, the chances are that he would have got away. In any event, the Eastern Alliance & the Nomen both escaped thanks too Baltar.(although the Alliance ship was carrying a tracking device)
So I think we should still take our hats off to Baltar.

And while I agree that the Council acted in an unbelievable manner in this episode, it did raise an important point about Adama's position. No one elected Adama as President, so at witch point does he return power to the civillian govenment and return to his role as military leader? I liked the way he strongly told Apollo & Starbuck of the military's responsability to follow the orders of the elected government. Spoken like a true soldier!
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote