View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #359
maudib
Warrior

Default Re: Yet Another TOS Battlestar WIP

Matador, I manually position each greeble with the main hull frame in layer 1 while the greebles are built in successive layers. I maintain separate layers and copy each layer to a separate reference file for safe keeping. The greebles are never actually applied to the main hull framework, except during rendering in LW Layout where each layer of greebles contained in separate files are added to a reference null object so all the greebles in each file maintain their original alignment and orientation with other. When I move the null object during rendering, all the separate greebles remain slaved to the null object and move with it.

Taranis, I didnt think about the nautical mile. Oops! When I break dimensions down into inches and feet, I assume that I will be using the US Survey Mile. I forget that the rest of the world uses other systems of measurement. maybe I should convert my G to metric system? Sorry about that.

Punisher454, I agree about the scaling issues. I decided long ago that Larson didn't much care about engineering accuracy as opposed to simply producing a TV show. So I just model away.
maudib is offline   Reply With Quote