View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #315
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athene View Post
I also thought it was a "reimaging of the original".
It would be great it if was indeed a continuation.
I'd love to see the actors back from the original series in their original roles.
It would be nice. No denying that. And, yes, it would be sweet to see Dirk Benedict return as Starbuck. And Athene, too, if the actress is still around. IMO Athene was a character that they dropped the ball with. I'd love to see the actress return, not as Starbuck's wife or some background character, but, say, as the Commander of Galactica!

But the big obstacle is Moore's GINO series. To most people that is BSG. I fear a continuation would only confuse people. To make it work you'd need a recap of oBSG series events, and that might be costly, even assuming NBC Uniersal is on board and gives Larson access to film stock from the original series. Granted they could probably do something like they did with the CROW. Utilizing modern CGI techniques new footage could be wed with the old to create a intro that explains events "up to now".

That would probably be a must for a continuation movie project. But will NBC Universal shell out the money for it?

If they don't I may just. .

Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote