View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #239
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/02/unive...tar-movie.html

I'd want at least something new to break soon, but as we'v debated since this all came about, something VERY solid at least, with talks over and news of BSG being fast tracked into production within 5 years or so (good development of any movie, long before pre-production begins, takes time as you all know and are aware of!) with names, a budget, a script/scriptwriters, producers (hopefully DeSanto's top of that particular list!) and director being attached.

Hell, i want all this from recently annocunced movies in the work like live action adaptations of Robotech, Neon Genesis and plenty others.

And if they haven't got so much of a whiff of news lately, imagine the trek another BSG movie go-around will have to go through once again. Like Olmos once said, "don't go through the pain" and i certainly won't, not until something this time round is confirmed 100% and Universal puts big assurances of absolutely no interfering folks to stop it, and the fans/film fans, are updated with news (unlike 2001's stupid; "hushed" policy with the Singer/DeSanto BSG TV pilot).

Like the old saying goes; Fool me once shame on me, try to fool me twice shame on you!!!

When new news does break on any such production, i WANT as well as everyone else, want to see a; fancy, expensive looking website to support any such claims by Universal of a brand new BSG movie based on the classic series. If every other movie out there, can get that, why not a BSG movie if that would be the case??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
In the positive column, if JJ Adams can save Star Trek from the likes of Berman and Bragga, then maybe DeSanto or someone equally as talented can get the Alligator out of drydock. It almost happened once. Remember it almost happened as a fact.
Let's hope Uni remembers the past especially and avoid the same mistakes as we've both said. Cos coming close to filming only to have production stop cos of a director bailing out and backstage politic shinanigans a second time, within 2 weeks would be even more embarassing for a major motion picture deal, costing a hell of alot more than a mere TV pilot.

And instead of 911 being used as a scapegoat, what would the excuse be, for not finishing up this time, The ongoing 'Iraq War'?!

I want some new news to break before i truly get engaged in any postive talks and discussions for a BSG movie! cos until we're given more this ain't really happening and its another unconfirmed rumor.

KJ