View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #57
Monodox
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: 14th Colony (Fan Film)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon View Post
I always' believe that when it comes to probono work you should never ever place a timetable on anything. It's very unrealistic since you do not have a clue where, when and how everything will come together. Look no further than Richard Hatch. When he was playing around with the Great War of Megallen it was almost a joke as to how much he changed things. It was never good enough. There was so much waste of time, money and energy that it became a fruitless effort.
As a fellow survivor of the 'Great War of Magellan' I agree with Titon's observations wholeheartedly, and I was only working on a very small part of the project

I have been involved with both the Star Wars and Star Trek fan film scenes in various forms over the last ten years and have seen some projects succeed and some fail. To paraphrase Mr Shakespeare, some projects seem to suffer from 'vaulting ambition that o'er leaps itself and falls upon the other side'. The seemingly overwhelming need to be the biggest and the best often blinds those in charge to their own limitations. And when the final result does not live up to the self generated hype, fans can be a fiercely critical bunch.

One project which proves that a small one man effort with a specific goal in mind and a good grasp of the resources at hand, can succeed is 'Star Trek: Aurora' -http://www.auroratrek.com. This gives me inspiration to try my hand at a few small projects and finally produce something to keep ernie90125 happy
Monodox is offline   Reply With Quote