View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #140
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Vasilatos
Ummmm..... Antelope?

You couldn't be farther from the truth, and your choosing to mine little nuggets of information like this to suit your agenda says volumes.

"Fans a burden?" Now you are REALLY talking out of your ass. I know Richard personally, and he has done more to connect with fans than most actors I know. He coordinated Galacticon because NO ONE ELSE WAS DOING ANYTHING to celebrate the 25th anniversary. And you have the nerve to malign him in this way? "Impatient?" Not from my experience. He's a perfectionist, that's for certain. In my opinion that's the mark not only of an artist, but of a highly talented individual.

Richard's agenda has nothing to do with his own ego or demands. As one who knows the details and stories firsthand from having the benefit of being friends with him, his "agenda", if that's what anyone can call it, has been to serve the fans because he too, is a fan himself. When "Galactica" lay stagnant and dormant, he put up his own money to produce a trailer that would show the powers that be that "Galactica" still had life in it. In many ways, I don't think "Galactica" would ever have been bastardized the way it has been had it not been for his sincere efforts to get the franchise back up on it's feet, at which point other forces (Bonnie Hammer at Sci-Fi) decided to to remake it in a way that the majority of fans of the original show could not understand when it was so clear how it should have proceeded with the benefit of Richard's, Glen's and Tom DeSanto's vision. Richard is friends with Tom and was going to be a part of his CONTINUATION before the plug got pulled. Quit maligning Richard to serve your agenda. Those of us here who know him personally laugh at what you "think" you know or perceive. Quite frankly, I myself am getting sick and tired of people like you trashing him. Here's a newsflash: Richard INVITED Moore to Galacticon out of respect for him an artist, against the wishes of many hardcore fans who felt what Moore was doing was a slap in the face of what the original series was. Richard has also stated he'd be happy to entertain offers to appear on the new Galactica, but not in some lame "walk-on" part designed to lure in old fans with stunt casting. He'd like to play something that challenged him as an actor and was well written. I doubt he'll get that chance given what Moore's done with it, and personally given the lack of respect Moore has for fans of the original series and the contempt he seems to have for anyone from the original, he doesn't deserve for Richard or Dirk or anyone to grace his program with their talents.

Your bashing my friend is offensive. Quit it. All you are doing is showcasing your own inflated ego and quite frankly, I'm not impressed.

JV
JV thank you for your thoughts. I think you are right on the money with
your thoughts on Richard Hatch. How sad that some people who CLAIM
to be a fan of the original BSG ..........are so intent on sabatoging it with
these attacks.