View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2004, 12:40 PM   #23
Antelope

Default Rigel/Living Legend etc.

The point that Dualla is more like Rigel is a good one. Both Boomer and even more obviously Rigel were support characters . As such Dualla could take eithers place and become an easily more developed character. I thought Rigel was cute but she had very few lines in TOS. No one could (although I am sure many would) complain about Rigel being "reimagined" because everything about her was left to your imagination in the first place.

Living Legend in TOS was may favorite episode. I don't however view it as sacred. Lloyd Bridges was a great Commander Cain but let's face it he was doing a great job playing pretty much the same character made famous a few years earlier played by George C. Scott in the Oscar winning movie, "Patton". Both characters are based on the real life person of General Patton from World War II fame. Lloyd Bridges actually had a superficial similarity of appearance.

I look forward to seeing a new version of "Living Legend" and am willing to bet if made it will be the highest rated episode of the season.

On the cylon 6 = Count Iblis possibility: I put maybe next to that one. Even I think I was stretching on that. I do think that cylon 6 at this point is probably the only truely new "character" in the upcoming series. If Baltar is actually crazy she isn't even a real character. Time will tell.