View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM   #15
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I signed it, but honestly the more this guy at their board, Rybrandt opens his mouth, the more I just find myself rolling my eyes at how anyone could be so dense regarding the feelings of what the original series fanbase would have been happy to see. His latest excuse for why they didn't go the continuation route was because of the negative reaction to Ronald D. Moore's unmentionable thing that he even classified as a "continuation" and figured that if there were people who couldn't like Moore's unmentionable thing, then the same people would just say nasty things about any kind of TOS continuation.

I honestly thought I'd heard everything when it came to incredibly ridiculous things I could possibly hear with regard to TOS, but this one had me shaking my head and going in the immortal words of Bob Newhart, "Is this a rib?" Unfortunately it's a comment on what happens when anything related to TOS ends up in the hands of people who don't take a moment to actually study the show and realize why its had such long-term appeal.

I hope more people will sign it and I've passed it on to the fanfic mailing list (where people with diverse visions of what happened next have been living in perfect harmony for a decade), but I wish I had some actual faith in the people running Dynamite instead, and so far, the signs just aren't encouraging.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote