View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:11 PM   #22
Sealtm2
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
I will say this though. Hillary Clinton is full of B.S., especially with a book titled "It Takes a Village..."

Sorry, but NO! Politically Correct Claptrap!

It takes a parent (preferably two if possible in this fracked up day and age) to raise a child....NOT a village.

It has always been my view that parenting belongs in the hands of the parents, NOT the village, and most certainly NOT the government on any level, unless there is a CLEAR CUT case of abuse or neglect.....and NO spankings DO NOT count as abuse.

Martok2112
I agree. I remember back a few years ago one of the state governments wanted to hold parents of children skipping school accountable. Some of the parents went nuts saying it wasn't their resposiblity to make sure their kids didn't skip school and that it was out of their hands where their kids go once they leave the house in the morning and that it was the job of the school to deal with their kids skipping school.

Yeah right, if the school deals with it then these same parents will complain that the school is too hard on their kids or has no right to punish their kids. Yet these parents have no control over their child. So is this a population depending on government too much or a case were government has made a parent afraid of controlling their child in fear of being called an abuser?
Sealtm2 is offline   Reply With Quote