View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #15
bsg1fan1975
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon Number 13
I remember when I was a kid, that rather than asking my mom to buy me a toy gun or whatever, I made my own gun. The original run of the BSG series was on TV back then, and I created my own laser pistol out some wood. I would run around pointing it at things, making laser sounds. I liked making my own things. Still do.
oh heck yeah! I remember having Barbie dolls and the only clothing they had that was original was what they came with when they were bought. My grandmother used to make the rest of the clothing for them!

I am one of these kind of people that I would rather have something that was homemade than bought in a store. My mother began teaching me how to do crafts when I was around 7 and I am still doing them today! My first project that I did alone from start to finish was a tissue box cover that i did for my maternal grandparents and when they died, it was written down that it was to come back to me as I had made that for them and they cherished the time and effort I put into it for them. It sits proudly on my coffee table. Todays generation think its so muchbetter to go and buy the stuff already made from a store!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote