View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2005, 01:34 PM   #10
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
Welcome to the discussion!
Howdy!

And with that here are a few on the fly suggestings...

Pick them apart as you will.

Quote:
It has been said that today, as we enter the seventh millennia of time, human existence in the colonies has achieved levels of skill and technical achievement approaching that our ancient mother civilization when first they began to establish the colonies.
One criticism, if i may... You may have taken two throw away characters and overblown their importance. One or two scenes to set-up who they are should be enough, why integrate them at all into the narrative as anything other than background characters?

Nice to see you trying to expand on other characters, like Adama's wife, but why turn her into a boring homewife?

If you have access to the comics check out... well... I think it was between issues 3 and 8 (?) ... Best as I recollect she appears therein in command of a ship. (Mean looking military vessel too!) Apollo stumbles on her vessel, which was trailing the Galactica, sadly they'd all taken a dose of the Thorian (?) radiation and died. But not before she extracted a promise from Apollo that he'd never reveal to his father that he'd found her.

I scanned the document and found no reference to Centitilla. Go back and re-watch the pilot. Pay close attention to when the Galactica is re-entering the system. There should be a bit of dialogue to the effect (from memory):

Adama: "And Centitilla?"
Tigh: "The planet's in flames."

I think it is great that you've expanded on so many characters, but I'd also like to see a bit of expansion detailing the background setting!
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote