View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2020, 09:50 PM   #199
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
While my views on the reimagined Battlestar Galactica have not changed (I still love that show as much as the original...difficult concept, I know), my views on Hollywood have changed a great deal over the years.

The two best movies I've seen in recent years have been Rogue One and Alita Battle Angel...

Otherwise, EVERYTHING now seems to be a remake or a reimagining....and unfortunately, for the most part, a remake or reimagining involves being "woke".... aka "politically correct", "feminazi", and full of things like "representation", "diversity", "inclusivity" and all those other Left wing buzzwords that have infested Tinsel Town for years. If someone writes a story that doesn't have enough blacks, Hispanics, or other so-designated "people of color", the story and its writer are considered racist. If a story or show does not have at least two openly gay people (who make it a point each episode or movie to remind folks that they are gay) then there's not enough "representation" and the writer and the story is considered "homophobic", "transphobic", "gender binary", etc. If the story and its writer do not present a female lead who makes all the men in the show or movie look completely incompetent or dependent on the skillset of said "Whamen", the the story and its writer are considered "misogynistic", "anti-feminist", or are considered advocates of rape culture.

Because there is no true creativity anymore. Not in Hollyweird, at least. Everything is about "target audience", and "political subtext", and boray mong like that. ZILCHOLA is about "is it a good story?", or "how do we advance the characters without violating their essence?" As long as so-called writers are more concerned about who might get mad at them, this is what we will get.
And like the Titanic, it will only go lower and lower.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote