View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #1
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Muffit What else flies your geek flag??

Hey folks,

I know you're all fans of Classic Battlestar, but what else are you into?

I refer to myself as an "unapologetic geek" or "fan of style". Basically meaning tha I like what I like and don't apologize for it.

To start off, I'm a fan of many sci-fi shows (and some NOT sci-fi shows as well). They include but are not limited to HOUSE, Doctor Who, Deadwood, Amazing Race, Most Brit-coms, etc.

I also collect stuff. My MAIN collections are: Playmobil (knights and castles theme mostly), H.R. Pufnstuf memorabilia, Viewmaster Reels (of the stories presented with dolls and not the 2-d cartoon ones), Props (mostly battlestar), netsuke boxwood carvings of mice (or rats if you prefer), Soul Of Chogokin die-cast robots from Bandai, and manga works by Osamu Tezuka. I've drifted away from collecting Micronauts/Microman toys in recent times, but I still have a large collection.

I enjoy playing RoboRally, Monopoly, Mah Jongg (real mah jongg... not that computer tile game that amounts to crap), SNOOD, and Pirates of the Spanish Main card-strategy-tabletop game. To name a few.

I also build puppets. I perform them on video. My website is www.puppetforge.com and I post puppet comedy movies for GROWN UPS. I don't do children's parties. Period.

I used to be a fan of the Muppets... until they became the bitches of Disney and were relegated to the back corner of the storage closet (unless, of course, they could be whored out for a commercial or two). I hope that someday the Muppets will regain their self-respect.

And those are the high points.

So what makes YOU all geeky?

-Gordon