Thread: ship of lights
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #32
LZaza
Warrior

Default Re: ship of lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
My take was that they were flying into the rgion where the battle took place that resulted in Iblis' ship being destroyed. I doubt the Vipers could have weathered that. The SOL dudes essentially had compassion on a bunch of primitives, then realized that the Fleet was heading right into the area.
As to Baltar, his mind was totally under someone else's influence, by the time he told Lucifer he was going to Adama. Also, let us never forget that Baltar was a malignant narcissist. Deep down inside was the abiding and eternal belief that Baltar was always right. The whole universe revolves around Baltar. So, a little nudge from Iblis might be all it took to get him to go to Adama. After all, he's BALTAR!!!! Right?????!
Funny, I always had the impression that Iblis' ship, or the one he'd tried to commandeer, had crashed a long time ago. It looked like an old wreck to me. No particular reason, I suppose. Just thought so. Interesting take, Sen.

I thought taking the initial Vipers was just a plot device that hadn't been very well thought out. "We must introduce an element of power and danger, so we'll start by taking the patrol." I guess my BSG scanner would interpret that as the SOL Beings wanting to take a closer look at our heroes. Stick them in those recliner chairs and poke and prod them a bit. After all, if they felt the need to restrain Starbuck later on, they must not have had total power over him. Actually, that scene was kind of weird, now that I think of it. What were they afraid Starbuck would do?

I have a different take on Baltar. Baltar was acting out of fear. I believe him when he said that he went there of his own free will. Then again, I tend to believe that the decisions we make are our own, and no one else is to blame for them. He thought that this new force could overcome both Cylons and Colonials, and that surely Adama would see that as well, and decide to band together with him. Iblis didn't force Baltar to go there, he only knew that Baltar's fear and desperation would drive him there. Iblis [I]understands[I] Baltar, he doesn't control him.
LZaza is offline   Reply With Quote