View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #55
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: 14th Colony (Fan Film)

Comes down to time and money. When you push for a fan effort it often fall's to the wayside simply because real life is more important. When you begin to try and put forth an effort like this with all probono work it often fails, hence the 14th colony. Galactica is not to big that something can be accomplished but in the end money still is the root of all evil.

I always' believe that when it comes to probono work you should never ever place a timetable on anything. It's very unrealistic since you do not have a clue where, when and how everything will come together. Look no further than Richard Hatch. When he was playing around with the Great War of Megallen it was almost a joke as to how much he changed things. It was never good enough. There was so much waste of time, money and energy that it became a fruitless effort.

I believe Sandy and I both discussed the 14th colony at length and both of us agreed that in the end the effort was there but the timetable and understanding that goes along with producing something like this was unrealistic. But again without starting a fight about it we were both basically told that our comments about the production of this were welcomed but not needed.

I wish nothing but the best for John and his crew but in the end it's sad to see another project disappear.