View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2004, 02:28 PM   #95
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjackrandom
I believe the quoted position was "Commander-in-Chief",
No, in the confrontation scene with the Pegasus warriors, Apollo's exact words are "Adama is the Fleet Commander!". But I do think the other point you make about how that position would correlate to something lower than his higher position of President of the Council is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjackrandom
I agree that this didn't come out in the episode... It would be nice to see the subtext that you describe, but nowhere is it evident in LB's performance that this sense of guilt is what is driving him.
I think there is just one hint of it though in Part 2 when Apollo on the bridge angrily confronts him with his "Are you thinking of your place in history? The legend of Commander Cain?" At least from Apollo's standpoint, he could easily be intimating how from the history books standpoint, Cain would have a tarnished legacy if he hadn't been there when he was most needed and how right now what he needs more than anything is a chance to make up for that. The look on Cain's face as Apollo poses that challenge and then his abrupt, "You're out of line, Captain." does indicate that at the very least Apollo's question does hit a raw nerve of sorts.
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote