View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #5
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: History of BSG- Dirk B. on Reimagined BSG

overall, an entertaining read, but short on alot of facts. I believe ABC did state Advertising revinue as a reason for the cancellation.

Also, Hatch, as much as I love the Second coming concept and visuals, did not have the rights to the series and couldn't go forward with it. (unfortunately)

missing completely from the article is the DeSanto Continuation project that was a joint venture between SciFi/Fox. It would be directed by Singer. When Fox and Singer withdrew, supposedly connected to the delay from the 911 attacks, SciFi took over and slowly at first pushed DeSanto out. I believe, for contractual reasons, Tom DeSanto was still credited in the reimagined Miniseries.

that said, I agree alot with Jubal. only slight references ever tried to connect the Moore Series to the original. And I always hated Bullets in Most SciFi.

Firefly especially. That was set SO far ahead of present day, I feel there should have been energy based weapons.

Space, above and Beyond I can see bullets (I don't think they had FTL, just used natural Wormholes) Aliens I don;t mind the bullets.

But suits and ties coming from a Society that never has been to Earth. NOT FRELLIN LIKELY!!!!the Neck Tie is NOT Universal!

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote