BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarika

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
According to the reference in "Lost Planet of the Gods", about the Ninth Lord of Kobol, they appear to have been the leaders of the various groups on Kobol which made up the 13 tribes. I tend to think of them in similar terms as the Pharoahs of Egypt.
If this be so, BST, then who was the lord who lead the 13th tribe to Earth, and would the 13th tribe have a name akin to the 12 names of the 12 tribes.....something I read in regards to our musings here, is that there may be in actual fact, though due to precession in the Earth's wobble, we may see how the constellation of Ophiuchus has the sun passing in front of part of it's stars, as the sun passed through all the Zodiac costellations. Ophiuchus is between Scorpius and Sagittarius.

Now could this possible 13th Zodiac constellation be the name of the 13th Tribe...."Earthlings" just sounds dull, and doesn't hold any allure as the 12 tribes do, being named after the zodiac groups.
What do you gentlemen ponder on such speculations?
I'm not sure that it would have been "necessary" to have a "Lord of Kobol" lead the 13th tribe to Earth. In fact, it would have been politically impossible for the Lord of Kobol to give any type of official recognition to their decision. They were likely to have been viewed as "rebels" or "renegades" since they balked at following the other 12 tribes, who ultimately founded the Colonies. It's doubtful that the 13th tribe would have included any of the Kobollian hierarchy in their ranks.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote