View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:09 AM   #77
Raptornet
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

The worry I have about this BSG movie is that like many producers who are given a butt load of cash. They will loose sight of the goal, J.J's Star Trek is a good example. Dont get me wrong, I think both are great, fun science fiction movie's. I'm just not so eager to call what I'm seeing Star trek. So now when I hear the term 'reboot' associated with something else I like, I start to worry.

I'm was a fan of the original BSG well before the mini series in 2004, but I liked that also. Ok I had a problem with the ending, but compared to most of the rubbish on TV. The modern BSG was damn good science fiction. Which is hard to come by, when the likes of Firefly get cancelled. How that happens, I will never know!

It would be great if they throw in stuff specially for the fans, but the cynic in me has to be brutally honest. The 70's format of BSG will simply not entertain a young audience of today and bums on seats is what sells a movie.
The only people making movies that services the fans ARE fan films and few of those get off the drawing board.

But who knows right? like the rest of you, I'll be watching the progress of this production. I just wont allow myself to build up my hopes, after the mess that was Star Trek 2009. It would crush me to buy a ticket and see yet ANOTHER show I love, ruined on the big screen.
Raptornet is offline   Reply With Quote