View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:10 AM   #19
dru
Shuttle Pilot

I always loved this two parter but after rewatching it last night I have a few issues with it. I don't see any point to Sheba saying Earth has one sun and among nine planets in light of The Long Patrol and Starbuck's correcting Boxey's map of Earth's system as taught to him by Adama.

I liked how Sheba is used. This was the intro of Triad. Sheba left her Viper back at the crash site when Apollo is "killed" saving her from Iblis. The lights fly around for no apparent reason. Why does Iblis seem to need to go with the Warriors to their fleet if he can travel from Galactica to the crash site seemingly without assistance? Why is he worried about Colonial tech but alter appears unaffected? Does it have something to do with him drawing sustanence and power from Sheba's devotion and later that of so much of the fleet? With the deaths on his 'ship' perhaps he was in a very weakened state.

I took the conversation with Baltar to mean Iblis was the original of the IL-series Imperious Leader's voice and thus a 1,000 or more yahren old. Iblis was being coy but not denying Baltar's charge. If we accept the Cylon machines turned against their reptilian progenetors then Iblis was probably behind the machine's revolt. Somehow he undermined the organic Cylons perhaps by becoming their "final" leader before the revolt. Perhaps even he planted the creation of the mechanical Cylons in the minds of the organic Cylon leadership. Definitely something to explore, but clearly Iblis feeds of the loyalty and devotion of his fallen flock. I believe the robotic Cylons were the undoing of their reptilian creators not unlike the ultimately fatal destiny of the cloven victims at the crash site whereupon Iblis was encountered.

I don't know why so many thought the ship was the Pegasus. Apollo said the ship seemed to be perhaps the size of a Battlestar but Iblis clearly told Sheba she would meet her father again. Knowing about the cloven hoves, it wasn't the Pegasus.

"According to the novels, Iblis was a human who was exiled to the planet Cylon where he began to alter the original Cylons via DNA infusion(Iblis own). This is why the Imperious Leader has the same voice. The Cylons eventually kill Iblis but he isn't transformed into a Being of Light rather a horrific creature."

If that's Hatch's explanation I'm glad I didn't ready any of his novels. That is ridiculous!
dru is offline   Reply With Quote