View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #18
MMaola
Shuttle Pilot

"The Living Legend" was one of my favorite episodes of BSG (I'm counting Parts I & II as a single episode here). It worked well on any level you care to mention. The Pegasus emerging like a ghost from the past and BOTH crews believing THEY were the only survivors. A military commander who is a tactical wizard and almost a demigod to his people going head to head with Adama -- obviously an old comrade-in-arms who now finds himself at odds with Cain. Sheba -- a viper pilot who can give as good as she gets and can outfly Apollo and Starbuck put together and yet is still sensitive and capable of great emotion and compassion. And, of course, the action. Who can forget the last scenes with Apollo and Starbuck flying interference between two Cylon base stars and the Pegasus plowing through the gauntlet, only to be lost from sight when the Cylons vaporize in a flash of radiant energy?

But more than that, the episode gave us memorable characters played by memorable and marvellous actors: Lloyd Bridges as Cain and Anne Lockhart as Sheba. I really think the casting of those two roles was perfect!

Now THAT was sci-fi and drama. That was Battlestar: Galactica at its best!