View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:25 PM   #25
n-121973
Shuttle Pilot

Taking this idea of when LPOTG is set, the original 'official' adaptations had GOIPZ come before LPOTG. They ignored Serina for some unfathomable reason and in the adaptation of SOASW establsihed that Boxey wasn't Serina's son. Just a kid whose parents presumably died in the attack and she took charge of him. When Serina and Apollo began courting Boxey was essentially adopted by the two of them which explained Boxey's presence aboard the shuttle and his referring to Apollo as Dad.
My take is that the episodes happened in the order they were made/broadcast (though I've no explanation for how the void and Kobol wasn't encountered by explorers and settlers from the Colonies prior to LPOTG is beyond me), but that the interval between SOASW and LPOTG is larger than most episodes, say a month or two instead of a couple of weeks. Long enough for Apollo and Serina to have a decent courtship length wise and possibly for some of the groundwork and organising necessary for the journey to have been completed, maybe even for the worst of the Post traumatic Stress that must have set in following the holocaust to begin to die down (though never go completely away of course).
I think there's a great deal of scope for stories set between the SOASW part 3 and LPOTG part 1.
As for Baltar, well I too think his offer to Adama was sincere. Possibly motivated by revenge for his being doublecrossed. As for why a consumate coward like him might risk such a thing the answer is that if he succeeds people might be so overwhelemed by finally defeating the Cylons, they'll be in Baltar's debt. And he would collect on it. If they fail and Baltar dies, well Baltar probably knew from the moment he was spared that once the Fleet was destroyed, he'd probably be joining them so he took a risk.
n-121973 is offline   Reply With Quote