View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:40 AM   #12
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

This all sounds like a lot of bashing Mr. Lee’s work because bad feelings over Galactica and not because of the actual merit of the piece.

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyImmortal
I'm kind of not surprised about the CGI.

Think about it, guys - for the really good CGI effects they usually take at least a year to perfect them and make them great.

They didn't even START the CGI for the Hulk until ~Nov, 2002 - before that there was still a rumor going about that they were looking for an 'actor' to play Hulk.

To me, if you wanna make a realistic character of ANY kind with all CGI - take a couple of years and do it right.

--Rhonda
Ang Lee had been testing the technology and considering his options long before then.

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas7g
But back to the movie....it SUCKS.

UNIVERSAL TANKS IT AGAIN!!!

The problem is again not the original concept, but how Universal executes it. The plot sucks. The story sucks. Its lame. It don't make a hell lotta sense especially near the end. Obviously you have a successful property here. Hulk has been around alot longer than me. But Universal-Vivendi once again proves you can **** up a good thing.

I thought Banner was pretty uninteresting. Give an mediocre actor bad lines, bad direction and well... don't expect Oscar callibur performance. Banner was boring. How can you make a guy who turns into a green raging Behemouth uninteresting? WEll..I don't know...but they did it.
Ang Lee is anything but a bad director.

Quote:

And the ending...MY GOD, it seems that anyone can just suck on a live wire and turn into a SUPERPOWERED Hero or Villian! Superpowered people are crawling out of the woodwork!
I hardly think that a grand total of two super powered people is enough to characterize the film as having them “crawling out of the woodwork”.
What did you think? That there would be no super powered things for The Hulk to throw down with?

He was the Absoarbing Man from the comics.
Did you miss the first half of the movie that sets up the elder banner as the potential superpowered villan, or the bit where his abilities first manafest?

Quote:

And the Hulk himself.... he sucks.

He has the right proportions but ...well... he looks like a computer generated image. He looks more like something out of Toy Story than a believable real character. His skin looks funny. Not real. And his moves are often awkward and has that weird CG flow. Sometimes kinda ultrasmooth bouncyish. Or overdone.
Ok The Hulk is not as realistic as Buzz Lightyear.
Come on Thomas I know you know better than that.
Hulk was a lot better than the CG actors from Spiderman and Matrix2 but not as good as Gollum.
But he is far from an anthropomorphic cartoon recreatin like Shrek or Toy Story
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote