Old June 21st, 2003, 07:23 PM   #6
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

First of all...JJRAKMAN HAS THE MOST FIGHTENING AVATAR I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!

But back to the movie....it SUCKS.

UNIVERSAL TANKS IT AGAIN!!!

The problem is again not the original concept, but how Universal executes it. The plot sucks. The story sucks. Its lame. It don't make a hell lotta sense especially near the end. Obviously you have a successful property here. Hulk has been around alot longer than me. But Universal-Vivendi once again proves you can **** up a good thing.

I thought Banner was pretty uninteresting. Give an mediocre actor bad lines, bad direction and well... don't expect Oscar callibur performance. Banner was boring. How can you make a guy who turns into a green raging Behemouth uninteresting? WEll..I don't know...but they did it.

And the ending...MY GOD, it seems that anyone can just suck on a live wire and turn into a SUPERPOWERED Hero or Villian! Superpowered people are crawling out of the woodwork!

And the Hulk himself.... he sucks.

He has the right proportions but ...well... he looks like a computer generated image. He looks more like something out of Toy Story than a believable real character. His skin looks funny. Not real. And his moves are often awkward and has that weird CG flow. Sometimes kinda ultrasmooth bouncyish. Or overdone.

The biggest problem in the movie is that the Hulk himself (like the actor that plays Banner) shows no real emotion. I mean he technically snarls and growls...but you never feel the emotion. The Hulk doesn't have that viciousness in his expression that he has in the comics. The face is boring.

Save your hard earned cash. This movie is barely a rental. No wonder Universal was so upset when advanced copy hit the internet. people might actually find out the movie sucks BEFORE they spend money on it!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote