View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #69
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Oh, yeah...read through the rest of the thread. There would have had to be a massive Cylon raiding fleet in the Colonial system, no matter what.
OK I've still read thru them all, as I'm trying to read just a few and then analyze them some. Gonna have to read and analyze a few more, as some of ya'll have a LOT of ideas in one thread! Not sayin' it's a bad thing, just that there's a lot of info for me to try and read thru and I keep getting distracted (here at work). So far, I agree with most everything everyone's written regarding other fleet ships in the Colonial Fleet. I certainly agree that, not unlike the statement made in TNS' Miniseries, there had to be more than just a handful of battlestars.
Quote:
With the conference, the other ships of the fleet, as well as the planetary-defense units, were likely standing down and partying when the attacks came in. Coupled with Baltar's sabotage, the Colonies likely never had a chance.
I kind of have a hard time thinking that they would have had the entire military standing down to party. That just doesn't make sense for me, given that we know they'd been at war for a thousand yarhen. But then again, I'd have thought that more commanders would have followed Adama's example and at least alerted their fighters w/o launching. Especially if you've been at war for a thousand yarhen.

Of course, chalk it all up to dramatic licensing, neh?