View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #19
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by slider
You also have to remember the trillions of dollars we have received from the Apollo program.

Computers used to be housed in small buildings. But NASA needed one small enough to fit on the LEM (Lunar excursion module). So the microprocessor was invented. That has created a lot of jobs and money for the US. The tax dollars generated from the microprocessor alone would pay for the Apollo program.

Just some trivia on the subject of key new inventions like the microprocessor. I got this neat book by Col. Philip J. Corso called "The Day After Roswell". Truly mind boggling reading. He claims to have been part of the Roswell military people (at the Pentagon) asked to investigate and report on the incredible technological findings at Roswell. In his book, he states that his office received several alien artifacts which turned out to be instrumental in changing the face of the world post WWII. One of those artifacts was the silicon chip. He said they reverse engineered these artifacts, and it led to staggering advances in technology (stealth, solid state technology, etc). I know it sounds lke National Enquirer stuff, not sure if even I believe it, however it does help answer the question of how, after such slow advances in history previously, suddenly the techno door swung wide open.

It's fun reading in any event, whether true or no, if you like UFO stuff.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote