View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2004, 03:36 AM   #46
justjackrandom
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
There was one interesting technical change that took place between part one and part two. If you listen carefully in part one, all of the Cylons, including command centurion Vulpa talk in the same mechanical tone of voice, but only in part two do we finally get the different pitched voices that lends some greater distinctiveness to the centurion ranks with a higher pitched tone for higher ranked silver centurions and the lower pitched tone for gold command centurions like Vulpa.
I love this episode so much and have seen it so many times, I have noticed a number of other interesting continuity differences as well.

My understanding is that this was being shot at the same time as SSW, but halted when they went to series, and then picked up again with some re-shooting and re-editing. One thing that results from this that sticks out is Starbuck's hair, which changes length several times.

Additionally, the close-up hero shots of pilots in Vipers mark this as being made at or around the same time as SSW. It is only in these two episodes (and stock footage from these eps) that small LED lights (one green and one red) can be seen on the inside of the Viper canopy's vertical spar.

JJR
justjackrandom is offline   Reply With Quote