View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #9
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Re: Please Post Details About Your Finished FanFilms Here !

I guess I'll answer this one seeing as to how I have been a part of the Battlestar Callisto leadership since 1998. As far as I am aware, no canon mention of the name Callisto has ever been featured in BSG.

Our group arrived at the name when we were forming an online battlestar as part of the Int'l. Battlestar Galactica Fan Club which appeared back in 1998. I believe Drew Michaels was the originator of the concept.

Anyway, as part of that, our group which met online at the old Skiffy bboards, adopted the Battlestar Callisto name. It was just picked out of a dozen ideas/names and we thought it sounded cool since it has mythological concepts to it as well as real world aspects with a Jovian moon named Callisto.

We have used the name for our battlestar ever since and even created an online RPG a few years ago where all players posted and continued a story online.

It was great fun! Some of the original members are still around and we have a website where we have our storyline and other BSG stuff too...

as for fanfilms, well, when I began making my small mini-episodes back in 2005, I naturally took the characters from our storyline and made it into a show appearing just as it would have back in 1978. I called it Battlestar Callisto.

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote