View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #50
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: A Battlestar Called Galactica...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon View Post
A few questions for the masses.

Since the ship has progressed to this point i think in my own mind changes need to be made.

The details on the ship in some locations just do not make sense. Structuraly it will remain the same but take for instance the details along the sides of the landing bay perticuarly inside the trench areas running down the sides of the bays. It's a mess of model parts but in the show this would more than likely be areas where the pulsar cannon emplacements would be located. Does a person omit some of those details and go with building a functional ship or does a guy keep it the way she was?

Questions.

1. Gun emplacements instead of details.

2. Uniformity-meaning symetrical. What's on one side of the ship should be in all common sense on the other?

3. Landing bays themselves-artistic license? Build it how i think it would be layed out or ask for options from the masses as to what it should be like?

Just a few questions as i progress forward.

Don,

You've got the advantage that the physical modellers never had, you've got a virtual Big G that can let you do unlimited add-ons while they were stuck with a model (albeit beautiful) that was only 76 inches long. So they had to make gun emplacements and landing bays at larger sizes because of the fixed scale of the miniature.

It seems that you're now 100% percent happy that the overall shape is correct hat you're now thinking about doing these things.

The hope must be that once you've finished it (in 2018) that it will be used in a professional production and that you will be compensated for its use.

In that case it's going to have to be the best that it can be (as if we had any doubts).

So, yes, you've got to have the gun emplacements with the two types of cannons.

Symmetry. Yes. Why make it hard on yourself.

Fathom out the landing bay until you feel that you've nailed it. You're going to have to pour over the landing bay scenes again and again methinks. Also, the bay must be compartmentalised to some extent. If a it wasn't the fire that takes hold in FIS would make the bay completely unusable for yahrens.

May I make a request for the observation dome?