View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Tom -

You continually surprise me - I'm a big fan of Bewitched! I do remember the Tabitha spin-off - they show it from time to time on the TVLand channel. It usually is run about 10:30pm on Fridays here on the west coast. I watched it when it came out and was dissappointed by the lack of connection to the orginal show, but I still gave it a chance. Lisa Hartman was fun to see in it, but other than that, the show was almost painful to watch as the writing and production values just didn't mirror those of the parent show. The story inconsistancies (Adam being a mortal and older than Tabitha), really got to me, although I realized their actual ages would preclude the existance of the show, given the time frame at which the show was produced.

This series wasn't the first attempt at getting a spinoff started. There was an earlier ABC TV movie (1975) called "Tabatha" (with and "a" instead of an "i") starring a dark-haired Liberty Williams. In this version, Tabitha was a witch, but resisted from using her powers as much as possible. Adam was a full-fledged warlock and had a mischievous sense of humor and used his powers accordingly. This particular spin-off was passed on by ABC as it failed to capture an audience other than out of curiosity viewers.

Tom - where did you get your info on this?:

Quote:
Robert Urich played a poor imitation of Ted Baxter from the Mary Tyler Moore show. In real life he was married to Heather Menzies who was doing Logan's Run the TV show. Though as Logan's Run and Tabitha died, so did their marriage.
Heather Menzies and Robert Urich enjoyed a very long and happy marriage - they were married in 1975 after the divorce of Robert's first marriage, which broke up in 1974. Robert and Heather never divorced, they were still married up until the time that Robert passed away in 2002. They had 3 children together.

For those that like to read and also are fans ofBewitched, there is a really well-written retrospective book titled "Bewitched Forever: The Immortal Companion to Television's Most Magical Supernatural Situation Comedy"

Bewitched Forever

The book was written by a fan - Herbie J. Pilato and William Asher (producer and Elizabeth Montgomery's ex-husband). It is fairly easy to find and very affordable.

Running along...
Bryan
________
VAPORITE.COM
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote