View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #18
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi all!

I have to agree with many of you, this last ep was truly the best. I do love the Living Legend ep and it's a close tie, but after seeing these again, I'm beginning to lean more toward this one. Oddly, these two eps are what looks like everyone's favs. and they are both the only ones where the Galactica goes on the offensive. Hmm...

Here was a story and execution which gave us a taste of what truly could have been - BSG had turned the corner and was on its way to TV greatness. It is so bizarre that The Long and Winding Road is considered the Beatles' last group effort, and it summized that moment in time precisely. And here we had The Hand of God doing the same thing with BSG, so very very close to contact with Earth. And so terribly ironically, the message is received AFTER they leave the dome - EXACTLY what happened with BSG - they didn't learn how successful and beloved it really was till after they shut it down! Talk about prescience!!!

Time severed its ties with an emerging legend, and just like James Dean, we stop and wonder each of us, what truly might have been.

It was so close...

Last edited by Muffit; December 20th, 2003 at 10:42 PM..
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote