View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #31
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Speaking as a moderator....

I think that this discussion has lost any meaning whatsoever. I'm sure that the original poster didn't mean for it to go on like this.

Maybe it's just better to leave people to state what they like and what they don't without a lot of posturing and chuntering on about it.

Surely, there must be something more engaging when discussion Battlestar Galactica than going on about the differences in the fanbase(s).

The one thing I will say about the division in the fanbase - As long as people feel the necessity to make statements like "TNS fans need to understand..." and "TOS fans need to (fill in the blank)", there will be a division. I never signed an oath pledging allegiance to one series or the other. I don't need to understand anything - I'm just a fan - period.

The basic truth of it all is that we are ALL fans of Battlestar Galactica and Fleets is a forum of fans of Battlestar Galactica. The sooner we all start acting like fans of something as opposed to combatants in a conflict, the less "whining and griping" will take place.

Darrell - I'm not trying to tell you that you can't make negative statements or sweep the negativity under the rug, but if you have a point, make that point already - I'm aging here....

The one thing that the "Criticisms" forum was created for, was to allow people to say what they wanted to about either show without causing a problem. It wasn't however, meant to be a TOS vs. TNS forum. Either show has its good and bad points and we all have differing opinions regarding that.

I don't know what else to say....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote