Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Let's try it in reverse and see how it reads, shall we?
--------

I would like the TNS diehards, those who are TOS haters to just consider something for a minute. Just remember when you make disparaging criticisms about TOS there is now a loyal fandom that feels a bit of a personal attack. While we shouldn't we still do, as you feel about those who criticize TNS. While I certainly can't compare my feeling for TOS to your feelings for TNS, as many of you have spent 2 plus yahrens working for BSG to be re-imagined to find it has been brought back in a way you approve of, just remember many of us have similar feelings towards TOS that you do towards TNS.

Look I love TOS, I'm an original TOS fan and continuation supporter. Heck I would love to see a continuation movie. It is my FAVORITE sci-fi show. So when someone talks negatively about it, I get irked. I understand everyone has there opinions, but it still irks me, just as negative things pointed at TNS irk you. Look you are entitled to your opinions, just think about how you would feel if someone said the same thing about TNS as you are about to say about TOS.

There are a lot of new BG fans who are just now beginning to even experience TNS as their first introduction to BSG was via TOS. The way you handle your criticisms of the show they know and love, is the light in which they will view TNS. Maybe you don't care, so be it. I just wanted to share with you how I feel about the situation. Its difficult I know, and I don't pretend to put myself in the shoes of hard core diehards who feel betrayed. I just want you to think about where we are coming from as fans of the old show.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote