View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #3
Rowan
On Vacation...

Hi Breea

Not everyone is as blessed as you were with a loving mother, I'm always very happy for those who have such wonderful moms. But personally I hate mothers day for several reasons one that I have lost 3 potential children of my own, plus I lost my 3 step sons and have always had a horrible relationship with my mother because of her mental illness. She was and still is a nasty woman and you never know when she is going to attack you, you must always be on the defensive with her alert for her shift in moods or else you will not be ready when she slaps you in the face or hurls insults and threats at you. It is why I moved 3000 miles away many years ago. It is very hard for me to buy her a mothers day card every year I dread it. Most mothers day cards go on and on about how wonderful she is or how she's a best friend or thanks her for all the wonderful things she has done - I can't buy these cards as they would feel too hypocritical to me. I spend hours agonising over the cards trying to find one that doesn't say too much so I don't feel like I'm lying when I send it to her. I just thought I'd offer this by way of explanation as to why some people might not want to buy a mother's day card or put effort into it - not everyone has a great mom.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote