Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up NEWS: Colonial Newsletter - 12/21/2003

(Continued)

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Taking Back Skiffy

Battlestar Galactica FAQ author John Larocque posted an excellent report at Colonial Fleets: "We are discussing at the alliance ways to take back Skiffy from the trolls and clones which currently monopolize it. They (or rather a small handful of troublemakers) - have a near-monopoly there because we (those of us who don't use multiple handles or troll) don't post there any more. In my last note I stated: 'We establish our presence by simply COMING BACK and discussing the SAME THINGS we discuss here at CA, CF, Subspace or Nathan's forum. It's that simple.' It doesn't matter what your opinion on the miniseries, or TOS or DeSanto, as long as you are not trolling. Sandy writes: 'The Skiffy board is being read to see how fans reacted to the miniseries. At a minimum, everyone should politely express their feelings about the miniseries. This will be part of the decision process determining if the miniseries goes to a full series or not.' Another user suggested a postathon. Even if 10% of the posts go through - if there's 50 posts presented that's 5 that actually appear. The trolls are winning through numbers. We outnumber them by: a) posting there regularly (say, 3 posts a day per user) b) posting there in numbers (say, 20 people dedicated to talking Galactica every day). In the below thread I make some suggestions on how to deal (or rather not deal) with the clones. Essentially ignore them and make your presence known." Thanks to John Larocque for posting the report at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...&threadid=5333

= = = =

December 19, 2003

New Pro Mini-Series Forum at Colonial Fleets

New report from ColonialFleets.com webmaster conundrum7g: "I know there is a lot of anger out there. But there is some genuine love for the new series. So lets do our best to create one place in our forums where fans of the miniseries can post about the show and enjoy the good stuff. The whole point of both Battlestar Galacticas is to enjoy the shows so there will be MORE shows to enjoy. Both as a TV and as a MOVIE. So as long as anyone comes here to have fun (and not to pick a fight) lets let them have their place. We welcome anyone who would like to enjoy BATTLESTAR GALACTICA to our forums!" If you're looking for a pro mini-series forum moderated by knowledgeable and reputable staff, check out the following forum at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...?s=&forumid=51

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Kudos to Titon for Shuttle Re-Creation

New report from ColonialFleets.com webmaster conundrum7g: "Just wanted to shine a spotlight on our own Don aka Titon. They gave him the job of recreating the shuttle from the original series that was used in the opening sequence. And it looked PERFECT! Way to go big guy!" Kudos to Titon for creating the exact replica of the famous Battlestar Galactica shuttle!

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...&threadid=5301

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Leave Bonnie Hammer a Voicemail

JJRAKMAN posted a new report from at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums: "Someone (Bijou88) posted this info at CF, it's just too good not to pass on: 'The main phone number for USA Studios and the Sci Fi Channel is: 1 (212) 413-5000. I called a few minutes ago after seeing the mini part 1. It was after 11:00 PM on the East Coast. I reached a recording that said the office was closed but if I pushed the first few digits of the person's last name I would be sent to their answering machine. For fun and not expecting to get anywhere, I pushed in H A M M E R. To my surprise, I was connected to Bonnie Hammer's voice mail! For those of you who don't know, she is the person who approved of the mini and hired Ron D. Moore to write it. I did not use any profanity, but I did let her know what I thought of the mini. They might change the number soon if Battlestar Galactica Fans flood the line with their objections so I suggest you call soon! Here is your chance to literally let the powers that be hear your feelings about the mini! Good Luck!' Also: 'If that extension is disconnected, Bonnie's message mentioned that her assistant is at (212) 413-5456.'"

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...showtopic=2409

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Larson Predicts Battlestar the Movie in 2 Years!

New report at ColonialFleets.com from conundrum7g and Commander Taggert: "In an interview with The Baltimore Sun, series creator Glen A. Larson confirmed that he is, indeed, at work on a new Battlestar Galactica feature film. Larson said he hopes the miniseries brings new fans up to speed in time for his movie, which he hopes to have in theaters in the next two years, noted Sun writer John Coffren, who authored the article. They will be in the new film, [Larson] said. 'You can well count on our efforts being a lot more [true] to that which has generated all this interest and kept it alive all these many years. My interest is in a little more science, and I don't mean science-fiction.' The structure of the article, titled 'Battle for Galactica's Soul,' made it unclear exactly to whom or what Larson was referring when he said 'They.' There was no mention in the article of X-Men and X2 producer Tom DeSanto's involvement in the project, or with what studio Larson, who reportedly holds the movie rights to Battlestar Galactica, might be working. The complete text of the article can be viewed at the following link. SOURCE: The Baltimore Sun."

http://www.sunspot.net

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Letter Writing Tips

New report from JJRAKMAN at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums: "1) Write your letter and save it - Since there's probably going to be umpteen opportunities to write a letter to someone, write your letter and save it in Word or some other program. Then from there on out, you'll just have to cut and paste it, so it only takes a few seconds, instead of trying to write from scratch every time. And you can always tweak words or sentences here and there to make it fit to whoever you may be sending it to. 2) Keep it to one page - Keep it short. People's attention spans are very short in this Age of Instant Gratification. So any more than one page probably won't get read. 3) Although it will be tempting to write an entire page bashing the mini. I would suggest only a few sentences. Yeah, we were pissed about the mini, but it doesn't matter anymore because at Galacticon Larson announced a possible Larson/DeSanto movie, etc. etc. etc. Let's use this opportunity to create buzz for the Larson DeSanto effort."

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...showtopic=2397

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Sackhoff: "I don't want to hear about it ever again."

In a new article posted at KnoxNews.com, the author writes regarding Katee Sackhoff: "'I am at the point now where I don't want to hear about it ever again,' says the 23-year-old Portland, Ore., native, getting heat for assuming the role of Starbuck in a new 'Battlestar Galactica' miniseries (debuting Monday on the Sci-Fi Channel)." For the complete article, be sure to check out the following link. Thanks to JJRAKMAN for posting the report at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums.

http://www.knoxnews.com

= = = =

December 19, 2003

Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Crew Jackets

New report from Captain Riker at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums: "Hi all. I am the costume designer of Richard Hatch's 'Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming' I wanted to let anyone know that might be interested, the Crew Jackets from the Trailer are being made available to purchase to anyone that would like one. You can follow this link to order Crew Jacket! There are pictures there and they are available in sizes M-XXL. Joseph Kerezman, Costume Designer, Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming." For the official Crew Jackets, be sure to check out the following link.

http://www.costumecostumecostume.com...mingJacket.htm

= = = =

December 19, 2003

New Website Expansions

New report from ColonialFleets.com webmaster conundrum7g: "Thanks to Jewels and BST and JJ we have now been able to expand our the front side of our website! We have just started our data section. And we have a new gallery section! We have some excellent art to see. Especially our very own SteveW and David Kerin. And Sandy should soon be part of our gallery in a few hours! We humbly thank all those who have contributed to our gallery. John Lomax, David Kerin, Russell Sanders, Steve Wilson...Thank You! So everyone go on and enjoy all the new goodness! Remember, Galactica means fun! So lets have some!" For some of the best artwork for Battlestar Galactica, be sure to visit ColonialFleets.com!

http://www.colonialfleets.com

= = = =

(Continued)
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote