View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #5
gpdesigner
Email Unconfirmed

I may do something with an update to the first battlestar, That ship is very boxy so tweaking may turn out to be a good modeling excersize. realistically I may not get to building it at all, but never say never . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
Good luck sir!

I worked on the original design adding detail to her head section. The original innitially came in over 4 million so you have your work cut out for you.

Thanks for posting and keep us updated!

You are the man . . . My hats off to you and your fellow modelers, This is an amazing piece of work here. I have been looking at this ship for days trying to figure out " how they did this, and that" . . . most of all I was thinking How long it took to build the thing . . .
oh I am quite sure the mesh I build will not come close to the same level of detail or perfection as in the production model they are useing . . . don't know if I have that kind of patience or skill level.
I will cut corners as much as possible and will try not to drop anything out. the quality of images I have will force me to be unable to model things as some items are just too small to make out. My only uncertanty now after looking at the ship for some time is the ribbed frame. If all of those were modeled individually then I will have to come up with a plan to get around that . . .However I am definatly going to give it the old college try . . . .
if you say they count went up to 4 million then I may have to adjust my plans and build the ship in sections . .
Well thanks for the support . . Will try to do a good job . . .
3d
gpdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote