Old April 21st, 2004, 02:51 PM   #59
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
I've never bought this argument, nor have I ever bought the argument that Cain sent all his vipers to the Galactica. I think his approach is that normal military strategy dictates that when warships go at each other in a "toe to toe slugging match" then Vipers are not used because they only run the risk of being destroyed in the crossfire between a basestar and a battlestar.

Thus, to me Cain's pilots chose to stay aboard the Pegasus where they were needed. Notice that when Starbuck made his offer to stay behinnd, it wasn't in the context of willing to lead vipers into battle, but "to see this through with him."

Plus, we have to remember Sheba's comment in WOTG about Bojay being "all that I've got left". I don't think she would have made this remark if other Pegasus pilots she knew and flew with transferred over as well.

So wherever the Pegasus is after the events of LL, she still has most of her Vipers and nearly all of her pilots from my standpoint.

IMHO a Battlestar has 4 Viper squadrons. Cain may have sent Silver Spar with Sheba and kept Bronze, Gold, and Copper in reserve.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote