View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:49 PM   #25
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

True. Which is why i think it could be done in the manner i described! Using models and CGI. Models as in, getting the new replicas to be filmed, yet also have the highly detailed 'CGI meshes' also be used. But not the complete elimination of the original SFX though? Just sprucing them up quality grade wise i.e. 'brightness & contrast' would do, along with some advanced editing decisions with today's tools.

Filming and compositing any new Models with motion control camera setups, might be expensive, i don't know the 'black books' and management wise, how thats done in the studio and how much it'll cost and calulated. Long as everything was worked out should any SE remastering be undertaken by Universal Studios and licensed out by them to a FX-firm/company that could handle the remastering assignment, should this thing be given a greenlight by the studios etc. Like everyone else. Have a list of things could could be given a fairly decent facelift in a BSG SE, that wouldn't harm or hurt what came before, but only improve upon the storytelling and convey the action/drama moreso.

Reckon it'll be easy enough outlining a list of necessary things that could be done using models and elements that'll be conceivably added via CGI.

All this can be further discussed, should this be made into an official HD-DVD Blu-Ray project by Universal! right now we have little to go on, since its topic that fasinates us, but nothing we can professionally do at such a high standard without a studio's backing nor resources.

KJ