View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:31 AM   #22
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

For a remastering I would not want all CGI replacing the originals, because those models and the work done was just beautiful. I think mixing and laying in more elements (but not going overboard like Lucas) would be a nice touch. A blend of original with properly matched CGI.

As for new shots being done with physical models, that would be great to see, but the expense of lighting, shooting and compositing a model with a motion control camera setup would probably be too expensive for the studio to actually consider. For the Star Trek TOS enhanced versions it would have been amazing to have a full scale model of the original Enterprise used, but the cost to do those shots right would be too much compared to the CGI... which can be expensive anyway. Though still more cost effective.

If it would be done, in whichever medium, I do think it is important that any new shots look like they properly mix with the style of the show and the time it was produced. I think the enhanced TOS Trek did a nice job of this.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote