View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #100
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: A Battlestar Called Galactica...

Well it's kind of a mixed bag renewing this thread since i see a post from my good friend Steve Wilson. Can't believe he's been gone this long already. I started playing with the Battlestar model again. As stated in another thread i have come to the conclusion that trying to build this beast piece for piece just is not going to happen. So i'm going to accelarate it a bit. The recognizeable portions will all remain intact as close to the original filming model as possible with a few expections. When comparing the cg model and the filming miniature there is some significant things that need changing. Quite frankly some of the kit bash pieces just do not make sense. Especially when it comes to cg.

Here's a render of the Pegasus. As you can see by the landing bay shot the pulsar implacements are placed logically along the bay. I am going to expand the ship this way adding details that make sense instead of just throwing a 1947 ford rear end on the model. Make sense? The next render is the begining shot of the upper pulsar cannon seen in the series. I hope to completely have the pulsar deck done with in a week or so.

The logical place is to start with the bays and model from there. That's why i am starting with the gun emplacements. That way i can put them in and add detail around them with some obvious kit parts.

I am not micracle modelor, it will take time but i hope to flesh it out further over the fall and setup for winter.

NO POINTING FINGERS PETER!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pegasus_10_11_11.jpg (926.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg upper_pulsar_cannon.jpg (689.3 KB, 22 views)