View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM   #13
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Default Re: Atlantis, Mu & Lemuria and their ties to our reality and Battlestar Galactica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Unlike Atlantis i'm surpised how truly hard it is to look up information for Lemuria or Mu? Bookshops just aren't as partial to Lemuria or Mu as much as there is plenty of reading materials written on Atlantis!
If only my grandfather was still alive for this discussion...he was so into these studies and he tried to pass them on to me. (I too was very interested in them but more on a technological level than a civilization sociology aspect but it is hard to ignore).

I will need to go find my notes on this and begin writing my "spew" here. WarMachine, as to your "crystal hugging" statement, LOL, there were HUGE reasons for the usage of crystals but not so much so as you and I have been taught today. Religious or spiritual had very little to do with them during those times and it is part of the "teachings" over the centuries to believe that so it would "look" or have that "feel" of heresy. In fact if you could talk with some of the engineers of NASA they would be able to tell you about the "power" of the use of crystals when they are used properly.

KJ - In regards to specific books on the Lemuria and Mu, you will have a much better find by looking up books that focus on Atlantis and Easter Island or the Mayans. Since the only real bit of proof our historians have on these civilizations is that they existed main during the same era and disappeared around the same time, in fact some believe they were all wiped out (not sure about the Mayans) at roughly the same time. MAN I WISH I HAD MY STUDY NOTES. I am at work so bear with me, I am going off of memory so my "facts" are really speculation right now so be patient with me. I will site my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Least the last two stated by me, have somewhat minor ties to the Mayan and Toltec myths and legends. Easter lsland is also something of great fancination in and of itself. One can only hazzard a fleeing guess at how Larson and co during the late 70's might've touch upon or even referenced those parts of ancient Earth history into BG's lore and themes far as the classic series goes.

Still here's hoping any writer worth his salt assigned to write for Bryan Singer's BG flick, can tie some of those ancient Earth myths into the new upcoming theatrical Galactica movie or at least make the exising or semi (old school)/all-new continuity work, with Larson's original series 'backdrop' of those classic themes and elements. Or give us something taken from those source materials "framework" of the TOS and work up something that has referenced the original but also grants all-new ones (somethings we never got to see or that we were going to etc?) without going all JJ Abrams/Star Trek on it.

While i'm realistic to the possibility of something totally new, i don't want something thats a complete do-over neither.

KJ
I think Glen and company did a great job overall in picking such civilizations since there is very little for anyone to go on with respect to current archeological discoveries and publications. With running with the popular "mythology" it was a safe bet that there would be some truths inter-woven that if or when more was to be discovered that the BSG story would line up to it in some form without "missing" it totally.

I PROMISE, I will research for my notes and read up on some of this over the next week or two and I will site my work on this for all of you.

Great discussion KJ! Very appropriate for BSG!
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote